[lbo-talk] Indology in Digest 2221

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 19 07:15:36 PST 2004

Hari Kumar wrote:

>Doug asks of John Mage, who wrote: >The rest of the agenda should
>concentrate on ntegration across oceans and time zones; for example,
>mulling over the >prospect of a youngster enjoying dual citizenship
>of India and the US, and marrying a Guatemalan of mixed Greek-Slav
>extraction.
>>Should our political aspiration be generalizing that as a right for
>>all, or concentrate instead on national integration, or something
>>else?
>
>To ask such a thing exposes you beyond measure. I believe that you
>have surely not understood the essence of proletarian
>internationalism.

It's always nice to be immeasurably something, especially on a Monday morning.

Do enlighten me: what is the essence of proletarian internationalism? I see a lot of leftists and "progressives" touting a revival of nationalism or even a subnational localism. They too might benefit from your enlightenment.

Doug