[lbo-talk] Wacky endorsements (was The Penances)

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Jan 20 06:36:44 PST 2004

On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 12:24 AM, Carl Remick wrote:

> Guess it proves J.B.S. Haldane was right: "The universe is not only
> queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."

We U.S. leftists will never accomplish very much until we learn to understand the way Americans think.

To us, it is wacky for Kucinich supporters to switch to Edwards, but apparently not for Iowa Democrats. OK, I agree it's wacky, but that is the way Iowa Democrats behave. And unless we can understand that, as well as the behavior of New Hampshire Democrats, California Republicans, and (insert state name) (insert party name), we will be forever isolated from the people of the country we live in.

Is that what we want?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax