[lbo-talk] Is India Exploited by imperialism?

kjkhoo at SoftHome.net kjkhoo at SoftHome.net
Wed Jan 21 10:12:51 PST 2004

At 9:17 AM -0500 21/1/04, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Hari Kumar wrote:
>
>>Doug: "Well, yeah. Here's a specific question: Ulhas says India is
>>not exploited by imperialism - do you agree?
>>REPLY: In a word "No". (<no wink>). Now Grand Inquisitor - You are
>>the expert economist - tell me what you think is the answer to that
>>question.
>
>Not inquisitor, but interviewer: I'm asking because I can't really
>make up my mind on this question.

Perhaps you/Hari/any-other-interested-party could let us know what would constitute "exploited by imperialism" today? Or even more basic, since there are hints here and there that some think that aside from the militaristic imperialism really doesn't cut it as a concept anymore, what would constitute imperialism today?

kj khoo