[lbo-talk] Dean's Self-Demolition

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 16:54:38 PST 2004

--- Michael Dawson -PSU <mdawson at pdx.edu> wrote:
> Yes, even the title of this thread -- Dean's
> _Self_-Demolition -- is a
> downer, as, to my eye, it shows the power of media
> spin even in our little
> ghetto.

Right. I am a "virgin" at this election stuff, but the other night when Dean came on to address his supporters after the defeat, my reaction was, "Oh, he's really trying to build their morale after this defeat." I found it positive. Only after the "talking heads" came on with their commentary did I learn that that Dean had committed a grave poltical mistake. I wonder if most TV viewers were "groomed" (conditioned) enough to realize it was an error on Dean's part, or were most people's initial reaction like mine.

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"