[lbo-talk] Dean's Self-Demolition

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Wed Jan 21 15:46:17 PST 2004

Yes, even the title of this thread -- Dean's _Self_-Demolition -- is a downer, as, to my eye, it shows the power of media spin even in our little ghetto.

One of the top reasons I can stomach voting for Dean is the very slim but not totally insane (IMHO) hope that he might somehow prove to be the next FDR -- a straight candidate who goes native and helps the people once he's in office and faced with the actual bullshit.

No hope in this direction is even imaginable with the other Dead-mocrats. Despite his alleged "presidentialness," John Kerry is literally a psycho, in my book -- he's wasted his whole life on some pitiful, empty JFK fantasy. Talk about building sand castles on foundations of sand! I literally wouldn't walk across the street to listen to him.

And it won't ever matter, either, because, if he beats Dean, Bush will smash his sorry ass to bits. The Bush gang must be laughing their asses off right about now. Dean is their only conceivable problem.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Liza Featherstone" <lfeather at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:14 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Dean's Self-Demolition