[lbo-talk] Re: Undecided Until the Last Minute Re: Dean'sSelf-Demolition

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 23 07:39:26 PST 2004

Michael Dawson wrote:

> > No need for a Plan B if one's Plan A is to ignore the election and
>> conentrate on the long-term project of building a mass resistance
>> movement.
>
>Yep, right Carrol, you bypassed genius, you. You've caught all of us.
>Because we spend some time on the election, that proves we don't care about
>building movements. Oh, well, it's no biggie, since you're achieving so
>much success in that area, making The Movement out of the angst of
>frustrated white professors in Normal, Illinois. Thanks for your
>comradeship.

The lovely thing about Carrol's strategy is how little work of persuasion it involves. You don't need to convince anyone that you've got a better idea, since there's just no way of winning people over to your side. Mass movements just explode, the way oily rags can burst into flame. Now if we just had some oil and some rags...

Doug