[lbo-talk] Defeating Homeland Security...

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 24 10:17:00 PST 2004

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2004/01/20/318488.html "5 million on US Watch list, " add your name to the millions ;-(
> ...U.S. security agents have a master list of five million people
> worldwide thought to be potential terrorists or criminals, officials say.
> "The U.S. lookout index contains some five million names of known
> terrorists and other persons representing a potential problem," Brian
> Davis, a senior Canadian immigration official in Paris, said in a
> confidential document obtained by the Sun.
<SNIP>

Ensure you get on the list by doing this! Michael Pugliese

------- Forwarded message ------- From: Jeff Blankfort <jblankfort at earthlink.net> To: Subject: Correction: Green Party membership had nothing to do with it Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:05:40 -0800

My apologies. The article I forwarded yesterday describing the problems of a Green Party member trying to fly and being turned away was only partially true. He was not turned away because he was a Green Party member but because he began to speak loudly and in a way that will get anyone stopped. Here's how he described why it happened:

"The key is that it was my own loud criticism of the Bush administration, and lines like "capitalism must die," shouted over the heads of three rows of travellers waiting to check baggage that got me removed from the airport that day. It had nothing to do with my association with the Green Party."

Moreover, the event took place on Oct. 12, 2002, well over a year ago. So it goes. Sorry.

Jeff