[lbo-talk] Re: internet "insecurity"

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Mon Jan 26 16:24:42 PST 2004

That misses the point. If you have physical ballots, you have something you have count in case of a dispute. Sure, someone can still tamper with either the software used to record the votes or the database holding them. If it's done subtly enough that no one thinks to contest the vote, then the physical ballots won't matter. But if it's not--or if you're just plain ornery enough to challenge--you've got something to fall back on.

Curtiss, wondering about the handling of physical ballots....