[lbo-talk] RE: NASA

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Jan 27 10:03:05 PST 2004

Ulhas writes:

"May be, but it is hard to find in Star Trek anyone from earth except Americans. There are people from other galaxies (Vulcans, Makis etc.) and then there are Americans as the universal ruling class ! No wonder all social problems on earth have disappeared ! :-)"

Wait a sec. What about Mr Chekhov, Uhura, and the asian fellow whose name I forgot -- this was all in the original series. Not to mention the divine Mr Spock -- idiotically replaced by the telepathic woman/Data duo in the next one. I mean what's so radical about a hyper-intuitive woman? In Spock it was sexy; in a woman,it's old news.

Though...I agree about the "American" drift of the first series.

Joanna