[lbo-talk] Kerry is Scum, v.1

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Tue Jan 27 10:50:39 PST 2004

Defending his "yes" vote on Bush's Iraq invasion, Kerry says he believes the invasion of Iraq was in the best interests of U.S. soldiers, and that the invasion passes the test for making war:

"I stood up for the security and common sense with respect to the soldiers who fight wars. I've been one of those soldiers," said Kerry, a decorated Vietnam veteran who became a prominent antiwar activist. "I know what it means when you lose the consent and legitimacy of the American people in a war. And as a president, I think there is a special test as to when you send young American men and women off to fight and die. I know that test, and as president, I will live up to the highest standard with respect to that."