[lbo-talk] 2 cnn employees killed by resistance fighters

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 11:49:45 PST 2004

> I suspect that both Dennis & Thos S were among those who complained that
> leftists had no sense of humor, that leftists believed the world was
> just too grim to joke about?
>
> Where's their sense of humor now?
>
> Surely u.s. deaths are as humorous as uppity women or over-sensitive
> blacks.
>
> Carrol

Not sure what you mean here. My beef (apologies to PETA) is with Steve's rah-rah approach to grisly matters ("Another 5 dead! Wow! Hee hee! Take that warmongers!"). If Steve were pulling a Bill Hicks out of the carnage, I would be the first to acknowledge that. But that's not what I see, though perhaps Steve's avant garde humor is beyond my ken.

As for aging jokes that hector their lessers on What It All Means, I can still force a smile despite the predictable punch lines.

DP