[lbo-talk] Maggie T

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 29 14:53:36 PST 2004

John Kozak wrote:

>Sorry I missed your talk last night - did it go well?

I think so. Attendance was reasonable in quantity and high in quality. That 1/2-inch blizzard wasn't well timed.

I've got to thank James Heartfield for getting the space, at Patrick Hughes's studio <http://www.patrickhughes.co.uk/>. I think he brought along a good chunk of the former RCP. I had a great time talking with two guys from the Transport & General Workers Union, who were very interested in the productivity issue. They made the T&G sound pretty impressive - what are independent opinions?

London has some wonderful bars & restaurants. I've never seen anything quite like Loungelover <http://www.london-eating.co.uk/3696.htm> or St Johns Bread & Wine <http://www.stjohnbreadandwine.com/history.cfm> before.

Doug