[lbo-talk] Maggie T/Discreet/Sraffa & Kings College

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 21:06:14 PST 2004

That is a heading you won't see too often . . .

They're discreet unless you're a royal.

One of the great advantages, indeed as far as I can tell the only advantage from my piont of view, of being a grad of Kings College Cambridge, where I got an MPhil in something useless a quarter century ago, or near enough, is that every year they put out an annual with unsparing and hilarious obits ofa ll the members of the College that died that that year. I'll never be able to read mine, of course, but it is a comfort to know that they will nail my sorry ass to the wall in elegant prose.

I have written here about Sraffa's obit in that annual. It included the following exchange. "Were you the Fourth Man, Piero?" (This was before Blunt was outed.) "He made indescribable Italian gesture of the hand. 'I forget which number I was.'"

jks