[lbo-talk] neurosurveillance

jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org
Fri Jan 30 13:14:11 PST 2004

Wojtek,

You write:

"However, an investigative technology used to investigate a person already suspected of crime (provided, of course that suspicion is reasonably warranted and not just a mere round up of the 'usual suspects') - it is actually beneficial because it can allow a more accurate determination of guilt or innocence. This is akin to DNA testing."

lol. How on earth will we put the label of 'suspect' on individuals without the whole apparatus of disciplinary powers that already exist or can be created? We are all suspect according to CAPSII just by our desire to fly.

You wrote: "I prefer gears to juvenile contumacy."

Yes, those who rebel against taking up their roles as 'productive members of society' must be disciplined! (remember, the desire to share is now a crime) But yours is only half of machine logic! That same contumacy is the very lifeblood of the machine's powers, the one thing not under its control and yet necessary for its expansion.

You wrote: "The P300 technology cannot be used for a mass surveillance."

We'll see. The inventors have some ideas! The website offers some new and creative uses for the technology:

Counter-terrorism

Medical Testing

Advertising:

What specific information do people retain from advertising? What specific elements in an ad campaign have the most impact? Which type of media is most effective? What commercial is the most effective for a single product? How effective is the product branding strategy? How effective is an ad campaign in different parts of the world? What is the correlation between the campaign and the point-of-sale? How do the effects of campaigns vary with the influence of time?

Security Testing:

Visa Applications Polygraph "False-Positive" 2nd Level Testing Corporate Security Insurance Fraud Security Clearances Computer Hacking

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/