[lbo-talk] RE: Star drek

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Jan 31 08:32:45 PST 2004

On Saturday, January 31, 2004, at 12:07 AM, joanna bujes wrote:

> Have always been curious about male attraction to lesbian sex...or
> watching women have sex? Is it just the girl watching? Or is it the
> expression of a repressed desire to have gentler/more playful sex? Or
> is it the desire to identify with one of the women?

I'm not a sexologist, but my guesses would be:

1) seeing two naked ladies (twice as good as one!);

2) not seeing a man, of whom one would be jealous;

3) watching a sex act between actors with *neither* of whom one needs to identify -- one can simply relax and watch the performance. (As Thomas puts it so well:

> men are very sexually competitive with other men.
> Even watching another man making love to a woman on
> tape can click on the competitiveness. If it's two
> women making love, the man can relax...enfin!

)

But basically, I think it's because visual fantasies are so important to male sexuality, so that one sometimes becomes bored with the routine ones and looks for something new.

On Saturday, January 31, 2004, at 09:46 AM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Pr0n which showed how real people
> did real stuff would no longer be fantasy but really
> intrusive documentary or an HBO mini-series.

Or, more likely, a how-to sex tape.

> So, it would no longer be useful for fantasy purposes.

Yes, the how-to tapes are useless for those purposes.

(BTW, a couple of the best books I know of on male sexuality were written by women: Sher Hite's report on male sexuality, and Nancy Friday's book on male fantasies, _Men Loving._ Friday did her usual thing to prepare for that book, sending out ads asking for people (men, this time) to send her their fantasies, and then sat down with a female assistant to read the incoming mail. This experience at first made them feel so sick that they almost didn't go on with the project, but they persisted, and Friday eventually produced quite an interesting theory.)

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt