[lbo-talk] RE: Star drek

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Sat Jan 31 09:24:53 PST 2004

i agree in general with this whole outline jon does, pulling in thomas's and dwayne's comments. i just want to remark briefly on the two points below.

On Saturday, January 31, 2004, at 11:32 AM, Jon Johanning wrote:

> 3) watching a sex act between actors with *neither* of whom one needs
> to identify -- one can simply relax and watch the performance. (As
> Thomas puts it so well:
>
>> men are very sexually competitive with other men.
>> Even watching another man making love to a woman on
>> tape can click on the competitiveness. If it's two
>> women making love, the man can relax...enfin!

not disagreeing, but i would add that it seems more complex than that, ultimately, because there's also the potential anxiety produced by the women apparently not needing a man to get themselves/each other off. this is balanced in part by the lack of a male competitor and in part by the addition of a fantasy explanation that really the women are only having sex with each other and without a man because there's no man handy. but obviously, if there were a man around, it would be preferable to include him.

> )
>
> But basically, I think it's because visual fantasies are so important
> to male sexuality, so that one sometimes becomes bored with the
> routine ones and looks for something new.

now this i think is even more interesting than the girl-on-girl issue precisely because it applies to all forms of pr0n: not just GOG but whatever combinations of sexes and positions or whatever you care to name. the same people doing different things, different people doing the same things, same people doing the same things in different places/contexts and in different combinations. that is, it has to be "new", but it's really the same old same old. indeed, it kind of has to be. a female friend of mine was on a tirade once joking about pr0n spam, pr0n film, and the like, and she said, "oh, yes, get me 'anal angels 19', which is so different from what happens in 'anal angels' 1-18." change without novelty, or novelty without change, or something.