[lbo-talk] RE: Star drek

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 09:30:18 PST 2004

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:09:37 -0500, Jeffrey Fisher <jfisher at igc.org> wrote:>...getting it on with the milk-man...

Heh, one of my fave stories from my Dad's teenage days. My Dad by the time he was 15 was a good foot taller than his Dad and Mom, who were both around 5 foot 2. One night over the dinner table, he blurted out, "Are you really my Dad, or was it the milkman?" Heh, heh, heh. Esp. in a very traditional Italian Catholic working class family and neigborhood just outside of Pittsburgh, that was not the thing to say or even hint, in jest. My Dad slept on a neighbors sofa for a week afterwards. One of my other fave stories from my Dad is about the Uncle who was a, "Numbers, " runner. Too bad the story, I had embellished that he dated Shirley Jones once was not true. She was a student at a nearby high school (as was Rosie Greer) but, my Dad did get to dance w/ her before she went off to Broadway and Hollywood.

Michael Pugliese