[lbo-talk] RE: Star drek

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Sat Jan 31 09:09:37 PST 2004

i think this is exactly it, and the idea goes back at least to ovid's _amores_ (cue carroll ;-), right? far from the prim and proper icebergs women appear to be or even ought to be, they are in fact so hypersexual that they will have sex with anyone, anything, anytime, anywhere. girl-on-girl/"lesbian" sex reaffirms this.

of course, it then also reaffirms male fears about their women getting it on with the milk-man, and so fits in with a certain jealousy/protect-my-territory worldview, as well.