[lbo-talk] RE: Star drek

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 06:46:44 PST 2004

Joanna wrote:

Have always been curious about male attraction to lesbian sex...or watching women have sex? Is it just the girl watching? Or is it the expression of a repressed desire to have gentler/more playful sex? Or is it the desire to identify with one of the women?

I guess if I had to choose between watching a man/woman, two women, or two men; my preference would be in that order...so why do guys like the lezzie script so much?

Now here's a topic nearly everyone - regardless of political leaning, sexual orientation or religous belief - has an opinion on.

Most of the pet theories are a variation of the this-is-another-indication-of-male-sexual-pathology theme so popular with both thou art God smacked fundamentalists and feminists of the gender difference (as in the difference is, women are nobler) school.

If you look at the context in which the "lesbian" sex usually occurs, pr0n, I think things become much clearer.

In your typical pr0n film, women have fun with each other either when:

a.) Their guys are not on-hand

or

b.) They're just generally aroused and nearby is one or more of their fellow stripperellas.

The common thread: hyper-arousability.

Although on the surface the attraction many men feel towards lez-esque activity in pr0n is simply the pleasure of watching two or more pr0n-ster women in sexual situations without a competing male pr0n-bot in the camera shot (as Thomas says), I believe the foundation is an idea of unstoppable arousability.

This is really why pr0n is such an effective fantasy tool (we can discuss its many, many problems some other time): it presents the wetware without the complexities and subtleties of real-life desire, seduction and, of course, rejection.

To many people, this is its original sin, this filtration of real stuff out of the mix. But therein lies the paradox. Pr0n which showed how real people did real stuff would no longer be fantasy but really intrusive documentary or an HBO mini-series.

So, it would no longer be useful for fantasy purposes.

DRM