[lbo-talk] Re: Blind, or a coward / antisemitism?

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Thu Jul 1 13:52:28 PDT 2004

Hi,

See below...

Mr. Wanzala:

Bob Drefuss tried real hard to construct a criticism of Christian Zionism, Israel, and the Bush Administration--and the failure of Moore to address these issues in his film--in a way that avoided antisemitism. Dreyfus did a good job of this, which is remarkable and to be praised because it is tricky terrain.

The post by "xymphora" is peppered with historic antisemitic language about tribal loyalties and Jewish financial power and Israeli manipulation, etc. etc.--all stirred together into a toxic stew of bigotry.

That you cannot tell the difference between pricipled critique and antisemitic conspiracy theory is very troubling.

-Chip Berlet