[lbo-talk] Re: naderphobia (psychopathology of?)

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 1 14:53:50 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Frank writes:

> i missed the speech or paper in which he urged
the death penalty for gays, or simply for people who like to fuck...do you have a copy?

I guess you did. He dismissed the fight for queer as "gonadal politics."

When asked if he was gay, he responded to Michael Signorile that asking him that question was like asking if he still beat his wife (talk about psychopathology. LOL).

> really, if nader is some form of threat to the survival
of gays, or "sexual issues"

His desire to ban ponography certainly makes him a threat on sexual issues. How far does his Puritanism run and whom does it threaten?

> has he advocated suppression of these things, or
simply refused to talk about them in public, or as part of a campaign for president?

Both. His clear uncomfortableness with body/sexual issues is problematic. He had to be pushed (twice!) just to say the words "gay marriage" during an interview on TV.

> could this be something like what those in the psychiatric
business used to call projection?

The projection involved here is by conservative, sexphobic leftists who are made uncomfortable by the reality of sexual fluidity and the consequent demand for the right of sexual self-determination. It is just the present day version of the lavendar scares of the 20th century that occurred within both the left and the right.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister