[lbo-talk] Green Strategy 2004-2008

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Jul 1 20:34:15 PDT 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Garance Franke-Ruta put it more vividly: the Ralph Nader/Peter Camejo
> ticket lost "100 votes" because of the growth of "the Democratic
> Leadership Council wing of the Green party" in the "red states," i.e.
> the conservative stronghold in US political geography

I don't know much of anything about the internal politics of the Green Party, and I don't have any particular interest in giving them advice, but I would think that the "red states" are precisely where it needs to build its strength. Those are the states which need more organizing on the left. Whereas in Philly, for example, the GP seems to be inactive at this point, probably because there are already plenty of organizations playing the role that the Green Party would play.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax