[lbo-talk] it's Bush!

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Jul 1 16:38:32 PDT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, a Reuters article was posted entitled

> Academics Use Formulas to Predict Bush Win

<snip>

> Their track record for calling election outcomes months in advance has
> often been surprisingly accurate. In 1988, the models projected Bush's
> father, former President George Bush, would win even though
> Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis enjoyed a double digit poll leads
> that summer.

It's odd, but this article cites almost election except most obvious comparison that comes to mind, Bush/Clinton 1992. Just out of curiousity, does anyone know if it predicted that right? If so, I'd be curious which of its key parameters are different now.

Michael