[lbo-talk] Kerry the pro-war candidate?

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 1 19:14:46 PDT 2004

So you think Kerry is going to "cut and run" from Iraq if he gets elected? His advisors will tell him that if he does, the Republicans will blame him and the Democrats for "losing Iraq." He won't do it. If LBJ was afraid of the GOP doing something like that to him over Vietnam in the mid 1960s, the highwater mark of post World War II liberalism, what do you think a DLC influenced President like Kerry would have the guts to do that now? Wishful thinking. Of course, you left out the undeniable fact that many liberals and progressives would like desert the anti-war movement in the event of a Kerry election. We will start seeing articles in the Nation about how the war in Iraq is something we can believe in and Move on.org will likely move onto something else .... Steve