[lbo-talk] Why do they hate Moore?

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Fri Jul 2 07:42:41 PDT 2004

On Friday, July 2, 2004, at 09:27 AM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> This is, of course, only conjecture but I think much
> of the anger we see is spill-over from the media
> sector (many of whom can be considered, in that brain
> dead NPR way, leftys). Moore has embarassed these
> ball-less wonders to no end with his film - they had
> their chance to challenge the admin's claims as those
> claims were being made but chose instead to report
> from the Pentagon or the White House, parroting
> official press releases.

this is where i thought taibbi's grilling of hitchens was spot on:

"I'm off on this tangent because I'm enraged by the numerous attempts at verbose, pseudoliterary, 'nuanced' criticism of Moore this week by the learned priests of our business. (And no, I'm not overlooking this newspaper.) Michael Moore may be an ass, and impossible to like as a public figure, and a little loose with the facts, and greedy, and a shameless panderer. But he wouldn't be necessary if even one percent of the rest of us had any balls at all."

http://www.nypress.com/17/26/news&columns/MattTaibbi.cfm

-- http://www.brainmortgage.com/