[lbo-talk] Why do they hate Moore?

Alan Jacobson alanjacobson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 2 09:16:31 PDT 2004

True. Isn't that the thing that we lament about the servile press? Who else with national profile is stirring the pot? WoPo with the Abu Gharaib photos?

For as important F911 has been and hopefully will continue to be (this weekend's box office will be very telling), I still think his two tv shows were the best venue for presenting Moore's style of muckraking. Having said that, haven't some estimated that over 3 million people have seen F911, based on the box office revenue figures? That would seem to be many more than would have seen either of the tv shows.

Now that's mass communicatin'.

> [snip], he has done more to revive muckraking in
this country and to revive the notion that the working class is entitled to something than anyone else I can think of.[/snip]