[lbo-talk] "Stupid Gay Men on the Left"

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jul 2 14:50:25 PDT 2004

>[lbo-talk] "Stupid Gay Men on the Left"
>Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com, Fri Jul 2 13:47:51 PDT 2004
>
>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>It is remarkable that Nader is still polling better than in 2000
>
>Not exactly. In Gallup's latest poll, taken June 21-23, Nader's at
>3%. In late June/early July 2000, he was at 5-6%.
>
>Doug

That's just one poll among many, though. I see 3-7% support for Nader at various polls at <http://pollingreport.com/wh04gen.htm>.

In 2000, Nader received only 1.1% in Ohio, and you said that Nader is polling at 2% in Ohio now (at <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20040621/013596.html>). If he can hold onto 2%, that's an advance in the Buckeye State.

In any case, I, as well as other critical Nader supporters, am interested in joining 3-6 millions of people who support Nader now in order to organize *beyond the 2004 presidential election*, rather than allying with those who are actively campaigning for Kerry based on an illusion that Kerry will be the lesser evil, resorting to Bush-league tactics to attack Nader, for it is the former (i.e. people who reject the pro-war candidates), not the latter, who will continue to be reliable allies in the struggles against the next POTUS Kerry and (later) in the elections 2008 and beyond.

>[lbo-talk] "Stupid Gay Men on the Left"
>Joel Wendland joelrw at hotmail.com, Fri Jul 2 13:51:13 PDT 2004
>
>What happened to the argument that marriage itself is a demeaning
>institution and who wants any of it?
>
>Joel

Twenty-first-century wage slavery is, more often than not, a more demeaning institution than twenty-first-century marriage, but I have yet to hear any leftist say that we should not struggle for the equal right to employment because employment is just wage slavery. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>