[lbo-talk] Re: words for the black community

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Sat Jul 3 07:48:56 PDT 2004

R, in his lengthy, uh, response to Dwanye writes:
>you write "... in some circles people talk all day and night about racism
>but have zero understanding of the workings and impact of capitalism."
> i supposed you're up day and night observing these talks? did a failure
>to understand capitalism stop cosby and every other brother and sister who
>made it? i suppose every black should stop what they're doing and study
>capitalism: they should starve to death before they do one more thing if
>they haven't mastered the study of capitalism. what is this garbage?

Sigh. R., your arguing style leaves a lot to be desired. A small suggestion--try engaging the point they're trying to make rather than beating the interlocutor over the head. After reading your post, I still think Dwanye's explanation holds a lot more water than your 'everyone got fat and happy' explanation. So, you didn't convince me with all these personal attacks; they just made me think you're a jerk. Or someone who just likes to provoke for the sake of the reactions you can get.

R writes:
>if you're really interested in who's splitting the black community, look
>no further than condi rice, clarence thomas, colon powell, ward connerly,
>et al.

Are they splitting the black community in any significant way? --they weren't elected by black people, they were appointed by white people, white people that black people mostly voted against. No doubt those appointments are in part an attempt to split the black community, but how successful?

Jenny Brown