[lbo-talk] Words for R

John Graf jgraf at jvlnet.com
Sat Jul 3 17:23:06 PDT 2004

R:

Chill out, man. It's a holiday weekend. As much as you appear to thrive on keeping score (as in your baffling matchup of Cosby vs. a member of this list), you might mingle with some people, debate Bonds vs. Mays vs. Aaron vs. Cool Papa Bell vs. Pumpsie Green vs. Choo Choo Coleman. With any luck the name Curt Flood might even come up.

Life is a bit short to expect point-by-point responses to such lengthy postings of such an active word producer as you seem to be. The more in-depth conversations you appear to desire could become less likely to occur the greater your word count. The members of this list have thus far been astonishingly patient with you on matters of greater substance, but you're headed for a train wreck -- one not in collision with anyone else here, but one of running your locomotive over a steep edge under your own power. ; (

You're pretty close to being ignored, R. I'll leave it to others much more capable than I, if they have time on their hands, to deal with your specifics. It's not about a bunch of white people defending blacks who can't defend themselves. For me, it's becoming a matter of simple time management.

Watch your speed.

John Graf