[lbo-talk] words for the black community

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 17:25:34 PDT 2004

R wrote (some highlights...)

dwayne is the guy making a very blatant, viscious personal attack on cosby which i didn't believe should stand unchallenged on a message board that prides itself on being "fair and balanced." either of you two think dwayne's attack should stand? either of you believe dwayne went a bit overboard? either of you two believe dwayne should ameliorate his fatuous criticisms of cos? either of you think dwayne should aplogize to his fellow black brother?

did either of you read the biography site about cosby that i gave in my posting. are either of you saying the same thing about cosby that the right wing is saying about moore -- that now that cosby lives in a nice home and has plenty of money he's no longer able to understand his own people and is not one of them? well, dwayne said it. doesn't that deserve an apology?

every time i wrote anything to dwayne that's at all critical of his, what i'd term, convuluted, didactic, confused, often self-pitying, nearly unreadable in places, postings, i always get answers from white people. never from dwayne.

are dwayne's feeling hurt by what i wrote? or are you two doing this for yourselves?

do you know i ran it by at least three black friends before i posted it and they agreed wholeheartedly?

============

Actually, I didn't engage in a “blatant, viscious personal attack on cosby”. I simply said I didn't agree with him.

But guess what assclown, I'm about to set off a “blatant, viscious personal attack” on you. You routinely come to the gunfight carrying a knife and wonder why people ask what the hell you're saying and why the hell you're saying it.

Let me try to patiently spell it out since my postings are so convoluted and poorly written as to confuse.

A.) You clearly don't understand what I'm talking about – you don't have the wherewithal so, instead of asking questions for clarification (which you could do very easily) you assume there must be nothing to what I say – or, you're trying to cover your near complete stupidity by launching these punkass attacks. There is a better way, it's called asking a question. Foreign concept?

B.) Check it out. Bill Cosby, who you seem to worship (which is bizarre), is not a fucking oracle or the answer. Criticizing his statements is not blatant, vicious attacking, it's called a critique. Are you familiar with this?

C.) I did respond to you but perhaps you're new to this whole Internet thing and don't know how to follow a thread. You act as if the only folks who replied were Doug and Kell when several people came down against your oddly pro-Cosby (and, by extension, pro-capital) ideas.

Let me help you to find your way; here's what I wrote:

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20040628/014403.html>

Now don't hurt your head, it's a little convoluted and you may need an aspirin to help you get through it.

D.) Um, consider this, the fact that you ran your ideas “by at least three black friends before i posted it and they agreed wholeheartedly...” means that those three black friends agree with you. Nothing more, nothing less. Were these folks the council of elders or something? They speak for 12 or 13 million people? I think this was the clincher for me, the thing that convinced me you're a jerk. In fact, it reminds me of something -

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/index.html

Here's the thing; you wrote to me offlist wanting to "get to know me" and I didn't reply. You're now engaging in a public freak-out, not even thinly veiled as an actual analysis of anything I've written but only a series of disjointed attacks on, of all things, my "blackness". You spend a lot of time describing what a terrible person I am because I what?

Wrote I didn't agree with Bill Cosby? I thought that bit about Bill Clinton's ideas on race was the nadir but you've topped yourself.

Dude, do you even see how much of an asswipe all of this makes you appear to be? You ran your ideas by three of your black friends and they agree? Therefore...you're right.

Listen, I apologize, I really shouldn't come down so hard on you. It's obvious you've suffered a head injury or have that trisomy 21 situation going on and really don't understand what's going on.

I know, it's confusing, all the pretty words flying back and forth here. Why don't you lie down and get comfortable. Maybe a glass of warm milk with a touch of sugar will help. Yeah. And once you're done with that, why don't you go fuck yourself

.d.