[lbo-talk] words for the black community

R rhisiart at charter.net
Sat Jul 3 20:18:52 PDT 2004

LOL. dwayne, i just knew that sooner or later we'd find some common ground. you're a trip. and to think i really believed this white boy could never ruffle your precious, pomaded feathers.

this is the first posting i ever remember reading of yours that was coherent. inaccurate, but coherent. (after all i wouldn't want you to break precedent completely.) and what a way with words you've demonstrated for the list to read!

let me make a suggestion, since we're such good friends. i'd love to respond to your "fuck you" and "asswipe" and "assclown" and "go fuck yourself" (what? no "your mama," bad boy?) and all your cheap shots that make you think you're the man. (am i the only one who's blushing?)

but i don't think your self indulgent shit belongs on this message board where people are having intelligent, productive discussions; and couldn't care less what nasty stuff passes between you and me.

it breaks my heart ;-) that you have no respect for me; but at least you could show some respect for the people reading this tasteless rant of yours! (do you really want people to see what you are under that anti-capitalist, self-styled victim's facade?) but then that's one of my constructive criticisms of your postings: you ain't got no respect, mofo.

in fact, i think you're over reacting just a tiny bit to the "critique," to use your phrase, i gave your sorry ass.

now it you have the manhood to take your A, B, C, D's and wounded ego's passion for a pissing contest off list, drop me a line, dude. otherwise, piss off. i'll post a very brief message to let the list know if you've taken up my offer of arguing your mess out -- where they don't have to be exposed to the sorry details -- hopefully once and for all.

be sure you treat me right, now, ya hea?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dwayne Monroe" <idoru345 at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2004 5:25 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] words for the black community

: R wrote (some highlights...)
:
: dwayne is the guy making a very blatant, viscious
: personal attack on cosby which i didn't believe should
: stand unchallenged on a message board that prides
: itself on being "fair and balanced." either of you
: two think dwayne's attack should stand? either of you
: believe dwayne went a bit overboard? either of you
: two believe dwayne should ameliorate his fatuous
: criticisms of cos? either of you think dwayne should
: aplogize to his fellow black brother?
:
: ....
:
: did either of you read the biography site about cosby
: that i gave in my posting. are either of you saying
: the same thing about cosby that the right wing is
: saying about moore -- that now that cosby lives in a
: nice home and has plenty of money he's no longer able
: to understand his own people and is not one of them?
: well, dwayne said it. doesn't that deserve an
: apology?
:
: ....
:
: every time i wrote anything to dwayne that's at all
: critical of his, what i'd term, convuluted, didactic,
: confused, often self-pitying, nearly unreadable in
: places, postings, i always get answers from white
: people. never from dwayne.
:
: ....
:
:
: are dwayne's feeling hurt by what i wrote? or are you
: two doing this for yourselves?
:
:
: .....
:
:
: do you know i ran it by at least three black friends
: before i posted it and they agreed wholeheartedly?
:
:
: ============
:
:
:
: Actually, I didn't engage in a "blatant, viscious
: personal attack on cosby". I simply said I didn't
: agree with him.
:
: But guess what assclown, I'm about to set off a
: "blatant, viscious personal attack" on you. You
: routinely come to the gunfight carrying a knife and
: wonder why people ask what the hell you're saying and
: why the hell you're saying it.
:
:
: Let me try to patiently spell it out since my postings
: are so convoluted and poorly written as to confuse.
:
: A.) You clearly don't understand what I'm talking
: about - you don't have the wherewithal so, instead of
: asking questions for clarification (which you could do
: very easily) you assume there must be nothing to what
: I say - or, you're trying to cover your near complete
: stupidity by launching these punkass attacks. There
: is a better way, it's called asking a question.
: Foreign concept?
:
: B.) Check it out. Bill Cosby, who you seem to worship
: (which is bizarre), is not a fucking oracle or the
: answer. Criticizing his statements is not blatant,
: vicious attacking, it's called a critique. Are you
: familiar with this?
:
:
: C.) I did respond to you but perhaps you're new to
: this whole Internet thing and don't know how to follow
: a thread. You act as if the only folks who replied
: were Doug and Kell when several people came down
: against your oddly pro-Cosby (and, by extension,
: pro-capital) ideas.
:
: Let me help you to find your way; here's what I wrote:
:
:
<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20040628/014403. html>
:
: Now don't hurt your head, it's a little convoluted and
: you may need an aspirin to help you get through it.
:
: D.) Um, consider this, the fact that you ran your
: ideas "by at least three black friends before i posted
: it and they agreed wholeheartedly..." means that those
: three black friends agree with you. Nothing more,
: nothing less. Were these folks the council of elders
: or something? They speak for 12 or 13 million people?
: I think this was the clincher for me, the thing that
: convinced me you're a jerk. In fact, it reminds me of
: something -
:
: http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/index.html
:
:
: .....
:
:
: Here's the thing; you wrote to me offlist wanting to
: "get to know me" and I didn't reply. You're now
: engaging in a public freak-out, not even thinly veiled
: as an actual analysis of anything I've written but
: only a series of disjointed attacks on, of all things,
: my "blackness". You spend a lot of time describing
: what a terrible person I am because I what?
:
: Wrote I didn't agree with Bill Cosby? I thought that
: bit about Bill Clinton's ideas on race was the nadir
: but you've topped yourself.
:
: Dude, do you even see how much of an asswipe all of
: this makes you appear to be? You ran your ideas by
: three of your black friends and they agree?
: Therefore...you're right.
:
:
: Listen, I apologize, I really shouldn't come down so
: hard on you. It's obvious you've suffered a head
: injury or have that trisomy 21 situation going on and
: really don't understand what's going on.
:
: I know, it's confusing, all the pretty words flying
: back and forth here. Why don't you lie down and get
: comfortable. Maybe a glass of warm milk with a touch
: of sugar will help. Yeah. And once you're done with
: that, why don't you go fuck yourself
:
:
: