[lbo-talk] Cobb on CNN

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Jul 4 08:52:02 PDT 2004

On Jul 3, 2004, at 12:18 PM, Doug Henwood quoted:

> WOODRUFF: Let me quote to you from what one of the Green Party
> delegates said at your party convention this past weekend. He was
> obviously unhappy. He said, "this is a dark day. We've just nominated
> a white lawyer with a car salesman's smile. He might as well be a
> Republican."

Loved it! He forgot to add that Nader is a white lawyer *without* a car salesman's smile.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt