[lbo-talk] words for the black community

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jul 4 14:06:33 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>And part of the reason that I may be both crabby and pompous is that
>damn it 10s of thousands of us _learned_ this through thought and
>practice, often rather painful practice and confused and stumbling
>thought, in the '60s and 70s, and it gives me a fucking pain in the neck
>to see what was once so clear become so damn obscurred.

If all you wise folks learned so much in the 1960s, what happened? Why did the movements disintegrate and the lessons dissipate?

Which reminds me of another question - if the Chinese revolution was as marvelous as you've claimed, why is China the leading provider of low-wage labor to foreign capital in 2004?

And yet another - did you ever hear the proverb about catching flies with honey rather than vinegar?

Doug