[lbo-talk] "preaching to the choir"

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 5 10:17:02 PDT 2004

>From: snit snat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com>
>At 05:37 PM 7/4/2004, Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>I'm almost inclined to raise the ante and call for Bush & Co. to be tried
>>for war crimes, not just tossed out of office. But I think that's just
>>the effect of having seen the movie a couple of hours ago. I have no idea
>>how deep or lasting an impact the movie will have on audiences in general.
>
>http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-op-moore4jul04,1,7623339,print.story?coll=la-news-comment-opinions
>
>This should bring you down sufficiently. Bring your barf bags! :)

Am not sure if that was directed at me, but no, as flag-resistant as I am I don't find Moore's column a downer. Once again I salute his ability to reach out and inspire, e.g.: "Let's create a world in which, when people see the Stars and Stripes, they will think of us as the people who brought peace to the world, who brought good-paying jobs to all citizens and clean water for the world to drink. In anticipation of that day, I am putting my flag out today, with hope and with pride."

Moore may be more generous than I am, but there's nothing particularly wrong with that.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access helps fight spam and pop-ups – now 2 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/