[lbo-talk] NYT Mag: Sex Tips for Red-State Girls

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 10:59:59 PDT 2004

I'm in a red state [Texas], and I know a few girls that have held these Passion Parties. One friend of mine bought some lemon flavored creme that is supposed to numb your throat, thereby suppressing one's gag reflex [needed when reading the Texas State GOP Party Platform, incidentally]. "Why not just spray some Chloraseptic back there?" I asked. "Chloraseptic's gross!!"

Michael Pollack wrote:

> [Apropos our discussions of the complexity of
evangelical culture, this is
> article is both smart and fun to read. It's long,
but it's good all the
> way through. If you're not in the mood to read 29K
right now, but you
> might later, I think you should download it now
while it's free and