[lbo-talk] This is WAR, sons!

R rhisiart at charter.net
Tue Jul 6 15:00:09 PDT 2004

believe it or not, mort sahl said pretty much the same thing about ronald reagan and mort's other right wing contacts, like john wayne. much of mort's opinion was the result of his very strong stand that the JFK assassination needed proper investigating: he was black listed by the industry (which we all know never uses black lists, right?) and largely abandoned by his "liberal friends," but not by his pals on the right. apparently, the only "liberal" who stood by him was merv griffin. paul newman turned his back.

----- Original Message ----- From: "joanna bujes" <jbujes at covad.net> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 10:49 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] This is WAR, sons!

: >
: >
: >Dennis Perrin wrote:
: >
: >Who knows? Maybe I made some inroads. But at the very least, he's talking
: >a guy who like him works a blue collar job, and who holds a radically
: >different view of the war and of US imperialism. I don't conform to the
Fox
: >stereotype. And in addition to this, we can talk about hockey,
basketball,
: >and the best way to grill chicken -- y'know, everday shit. Carrol may
: >believe that I should just wave this guy off, but he concedes too much
for
: >me to do that.
: >
: >
:
: In my life I have come to know many, many people with whom I agree
: politically 100%, but who are the world's
: biggest assholes. I have also known people like your greek immigrant
: friend with whom I disagree politically and
: who I would trust and rely upon absolutely.
:
: A lot of political and philosophical positions are nothing more than
: self-righteous posturing; they are
: actually no guarantee of any kind of basic human decency or even of the
: possiblity of basic human
: relations.
: Joanna
: