[lbo-talk] This is WAR, sons!

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Jul 6 10:49:57 PDT 2004

>Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>Who knows? Maybe I made some inroads. But at the very least, he's talking to
>a guy who like him works a blue collar job, and who holds a radically
>different view of the war and of US imperialism. I don't conform to the Fox
>stereotype. And in addition to this, we can talk about hockey, basketball,
>and the best way to grill chicken -- y'know, everday shit. Carrol may
>believe that I should just wave this guy off, but he concedes too much for
>me to do that.

In my life I have come to know many, many people with whom I agree politically 100%, but who are the world's biggest assholes. I have also known people like your greek immigrant friend with whom I disagree politically and who I would trust and rely upon absolutely.

A lot of political and philosophical positions are nothing more than self-righteous posturing; they are actually no guarantee of any kind of basic human decency or even of the possiblity of basic human relations. Joanna