[lbo-talk] Re: cosby-mouth

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jul 7 07:58:24 PDT 2004

50% drop out rate among blacks. That's an exagerration. It's 13% or so nationwide. See Doug's buddy's research, also.

women marrying 5 husbands and having 8 kids and the problem of, um, what? sleeping with your grandpa. Huh? If you're MARRYING the guy, the famdamily will prolly know about who your grandpa is. What's his real problem? Why, oooooo noooooooooo. it's women sleeping around without marrying the guy and choosing to have children. What does he care? Because it looks bad? Because they end up on welfare? What welfare. Oh, wait, let's celebrate the white quintuplets and sextuplets had by people who can't afford them either. Whatever.

Buying $500 sneakers instead of $200 educational software. WHERE'S COSBY'S EVIDENCE FOR THAT? heh.

"Where you be at?" "Where you is?" Excuse me? These are somehow new locutions? And, it's pretty well know that those ways of speaking are actually connected to African language. It's hotly debated, but it's not as if no one's ever discussed the issue before.

that's off the top of my head.

give me a break.