[lbo-talk] Oil, Conspiracy Theory, and F 9/11 Re: Dude, Whyare you fronting?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:03:18 PDT 2004

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>What distinguishes Michael Moore's conspiracy theories about oil
>>(especially the UNOCAL angle), the Saudi Connection, Big Tobacco, etc.
>>from the sort that you would normally be the first to hold in contempt?
>
>I don't like the pipeline angle. The Saudi connection is *not*
>conspiratorial - Unger refreshingly and explicitly makes the opposite point
>that the Bush-Saudi relation is not a conspiracy, but a money-making
>venture.
>
>He's not perfect. He's soemtimes sloppy with facts, and his analyses aren't
>always coherent. But I basically don't care. He's got an amazing talent for
>making entertaining, radical agitprop that has considerable aesthetic and
>dramatic complexity. I'd rather learn from him than complain much.

I have just one complaint about F 9/11, but it's a big one -- the movie's complete neocon void. I don't think that scene of Wolfowitz slobbering over his comb provides much info about one of the main driving forces of the Iraq war.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963