[lbo-talk] Double Standard: Israel and Saudi Arabia

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 9 19:45:01 PDT 2004

But it was a film about why the BUSH administration went to war with Iraq, how it got the population to go along with it (prevariganda), and the consequences of that war for Iraqis and u.s.ers. It wasn't a documentary about the history of u.s.-saudi policy.

What is it with film/book reviews that insist on a film/book the creator didn't intend?

There's a photo of Moore with a board next to him. Tacked to it are colored sheets of paper labeled with each major scene of the movie. Yoshie's storyboard would probably require the frickin' Vietnam Veteran's memorial--both sides. The film would open in 10 theaters. After sitting through 10 hrs (free toothpicks with each ticket purchase) all 9 faithful viewers would stumble out of the theaters, blink in the early morning light, and wonder, "wuh? whaddoo I do next?"

kelley

>>To conclude, Fahrenheit 9/11, a fascinating populist work of art, at
>>times falls for conspiracy theory, not because Moore doesn't know any
>>better, but because he has skeletons in the closet -- not his own
>>skeletons, but the Democratic Party's.

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'