[lbo-talk] Double Standard: Israel and Saudi Arabia

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 10 09:25:13 PDT 2004

>From: Jon Johanning <jjohanning at igc.org>
>
>Aside from any other consideration, if Moore had replaced any segment of
>F911 (my choice would be the ice cream truck caper, but that's just me)
>with a discussion of Israel's role, we all know what would have happened:
>nothing else in the whole film would have been talked about. Everyone's
>attention would have been monopolized with yet another scream-fest over
>Israel-Palestine, which as usual would have settled nothing.

I agree. It would have been fatal to F911 if Moore had broached an actual controversy instead of sticking to the obvious, e.g., Bush is an idiot, war is bad, business is greedy. I mean, how much can the cognitively impaired American public be expected to absorb?

Carl

"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who." -- Michael Palin, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Life Events gives you the tips and tools to handle the turning points in your life. http://lifeevents.msn.com