[lbo-talk] Double Standard: Israel and Saudi Arabia

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Jul 11 09:17:50 PDT 2004

On Jul 10, 2004, at 12:25 PM, Carl Remick wrote:

> I agree. It would have been fatal to F911 if Moore had broached an
> actual controversy instead of sticking to the obvious, e.g., Bush is
> an idiot, war is bad, business is greedy. I mean, how much can the
> cognitively impaired American public be expected to absorb?

It's not just the American public. The state of the debate on Israel/Palestine has deteriorated world-wide, as far as I can see. 99% of the participants in the debate these days are completely polarized, with each side screaming at the other (and doing more than screaming, of course, as the casualties attest). The other 1% is still trying to come up with an actual solution to the problem, but no one can hear them.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Belinda: Ay, but you know we must return good for evil. Lady Brute: That may be a mistake in the translation.

-- Sir John Vanbrugh: The Provok’d Wife (1697), I.i.