[lbo-talk] Double Standard: Israel and Saudi Arabia

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Mon Jul 12 09:30:33 PDT 2004

> The US net international investment position has steadily
> deteriorated at least since 1989, and it's now "a negative $2,430.7
> What role has "oil-based accumulation" played in
> the change?

None whatsoever. The US is in hock to continental Europe and East Asia.

> Let me ask a question: is there any Saudi in Fahrenheit 9/11 other
> than Osama bin Laden, the Saudi members of the 9/11 terrorists, the
> other bin Ladens

Why should there be? F9/11 isn't a documentary on the past and present crimes of the Saudi oligarchy.

> If the other bin Ladens wondered if they could have access to their
> lawyers or if they would enjoy equality before the law in the United
> States in the period immediately after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, I
> wouldn't blame them.

Irrelevant. Money and connections got a bunch of potential material witnesses to an egregious crime against humanity a get-out-of-jail card.

-- DRR