[lbo-talk] Double Standard: Israel and Saudi Arabia

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:09:29 PDT 2004

>From: "Joseph Wanzala" <jwanzala at hotmail.com>
>
>As to the business of how confortable Bush is with other rich people, in
>contrast to Clinton, let's not forget that while Clinton himself came from
>humble beginnings, his cabinet was surpassed in its number of millionares
>only by the current Bush cabinet and most of Clinton's closest non-white
>consorts, other than the people in the photo ops, were wealthy African
>Americans like Vernon Jordan and Ron Brown.

Indeed let us not forget that Clinton was literally and figuratively the greatest wanker ever to occupy the Oval Office. I have no idea how much time Clinton spends at his renowned office in Harlem, getting down with the folks, but I suspect it could be measured in a handful of minutes per annum.

On the other hand, I run into ol' Bill constantly in one of my favorite escapes, watching TV's Travel Channel; it's a rare reference to a five-star hotel anywhere in the world that does not include the proud mention that Bill Clinton has stayed there in some suite of Faroukian luxury. I still have hopes, though, that Bill will complete the circle and come to an ending as humble as his beginnings.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/