[lbo-talk] Double Standard: Israel and Saudi Arabia

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Tue Jul 13 12:44:02 PDT 2004

John Thornton wrote:

> That depends on your perspective. If you are looking for something to
> disparage the film and/or Moore over you take it as meaning everyone in
> Saudi Arabia.

I watched MSNBC(?) Scarborough/scarboro(sp?)country (or somesuch title, I apologise I don't watch this crap often so am not familiar) wherein he

took Moore's comment on the Iraqi insurgents being like your Minutemen to mean that Moore was suggesting Al Zaqawi and Al Qaeda were freedom fighters. Nowhere in the quoted text was there even a mention of either but this idiot hammered away. It is dissappointing when trying to make a point we deliberately misunderstand.

Gary? ride si sapis