[lbo-talk] Americas Vichy Left vs. Michael Moore

R rhisiart at charter.net
Tue Jul 13 17:35:13 PDT 2004

i sympathize with your position, doug. i don't see coop's silliness as the vehicle to express your position. he wanted to turn KPFK into NPR. i don't think your program would get aired on NPR. am i wrong?

joseph w. gave a good description of coop and his orientation. and chuck0 is right when he says there are a lot sexier topics.

i wish the Nation would find someone sexy, like you or kelley, to do his radio show.

i find the Nation disappointing in the same manner you find pacifica disappointing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 3:18 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Americas Vichy Left vs. Michael Moore

: Joseph Wanzala wrote:
:
: >I don't understand Doug's contempt for Pacifica given that he has a
: >program ona Pacifica station.
:
: Contempt isn't the right word at all. Disappointment is more like it.
: We could do so much better with the resource we have, instead of
: talking to such a small audience. Craving a small audience, really,
: because it's proof of authenticity.
:
: Doug