[lbo-talk] Americas Leftists, Michael Moore, and Ralph Nader

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 13 17:44:38 PDT 2004

At 08:21 PM 7/13/2004, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>John Thornton wrote:
>>Can you acknowledge my position on Moore as somewhere between hating
>>and worshipping him?
>
>That's actually my position, as I have spelled out many times, which
>doesn't seem to satisfy those who complain of any criticism of Fahrenheit
>9/11 here.

It's not that you criticize, it's that you do so in order to bludgeon those who disagree with you about the election. You have refused to accept anyone's reasons for wishing not to help Bush get re-selected. You constantly portray those who disagree with you as _traitors_ to leftist ideals. I fail to see why anyone should tolerate that. We have a legitimate disagreement over how best to proceed. You've been crabbing at everyone for months, as if you're going to change anyone's mind. And it's pretty funny to watch since your original position was that elections were a waste of time and that they detracted from the real action: organizing. Yet, you're spending endless k-wattage on convincing everyone that they ought not vote for Kerry.

But, I am glad to finally hear you admit that you do not want the Democrats to win. All the pussy footing that went on over that one... for months!

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'