[lbo-talk] Americas Leftists, Michael Moore, and Ralph Nader

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 05:26:09 PDT 2004

>From: snit snat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com>
>
>At 08:21 PM 7/13/2004, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>John Thornton wrote:
>>>Can you acknowledge my position on Moore as somewhere between hating and
>>>worshipping him?
>>
>>That's actually my position, as I have spelled out many times, which
>>doesn't seem to satisfy those who complain of any criticism of Fahrenheit
>>9/11 here.
>
>It's not that you criticize, it's that you do so in order to bludgeon those
>who disagree with you about the election.

That's rich. The person who has been getting bludgeoned around here is Yoshie. All in all, the LBO list has been at one of its lowest ebbs lately.

To be frank, Moore patronizes his target audience by his refusal to discuss Israel's role in agitating for the Iraq war and the neocons' performance in serving as agents for that aim. Is the working class supposed to be too stupid to focus on the Saudis *and* the Israelis at the same time?

I will of course vote for Kerry, heir to the proud boast, "There Is No Alternative!" But I don't want to make it easy for that fucker simply to pick up where Bush left off, catering to Ariel Sharon's every insane whim.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/