[lbo-talk] Serious question (was re: Clintonian Kerry)

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Jul 14 07:37:52 PDT 2004

On Jul 13, 2004, at 2:52 PM, joanna bujes wrote:

> It could be a modified general strike: nobody shops for three days.
> That's feasable.

We ran out of cat food last night, and I had to make an emergency run for it this morning. Would that be allowed? Four cats running around ravenous for 3 days is no joke! :-)

I don't think the Bushies are going to mess with the election day, either, but if they did, wouldn't that provide Shrub with a great record in American history? First he finagles Florida, then he dispenses with the election altogether and crowns himself President-for-Life. (Of course, then he would have his minions rewrite history altogether, to make it read "Grateful American masses anoint His Majesty George II as their beloved Generalissimo.")

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ "In an ideal world, people would be preoccupied with reading and writing poetry and having love affairs, as people were in the Japanese court in the 11th century, as described in 'The Tale of Genji.' If people were involved in that type of life, maybe there would be no war." -- Wallace Shawn