[lbo-talk] Serious question (was re: Clintonian Kerry)

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Jul 13 11:52:42 PDT 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2004, at 5:10 PM, joanna bujes wrote:
>
>> One answer would be a general strike.
>

> Good idea (general strikes are pretty hard to pull off, though).

It could be a modified general strike: nobody shops for three days. That's feasable.

I don't actually think they have the balls to cancel elections. I think one thing to keep in mind about these people is that they are cowards first and foremost. That's why I loved Roy's characterization of the second Iraq war: "Let's run a race, but let me break your legs first."

Joanna